Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"You have beautiful eyes"

I need to start a new goal for myself.  I need to think positive thoughts on a more regular basis.  Sometimes I dwell too much on some negative thoughts, which then begin to fester away at me.  I need to think of some key word to remind myself when I fall into that negative Nelly habit. Blargh.

Amusing moment of the day.  I am a member of one online dating website.  I personally have never had good dating experience online and thus only go on there sparingly.  I realised my photos were a bit out of date.  And, well, since I'm a curmudgeon, I deleted most of them since I do not want most people to message me based solely on my photos.  I uploaded a photo.  The one posted a few posts back with me taking a rucking selfie with the Jeep and Panda in the background.  Note: I am wearing sunglasses in that photo.


I then receive a message shortly thereafter by the lovely "SamplerMT".  His message asks me how my week is going and "you have beautiful eyes by the way."  ?!?!?!?!  Whu..?  Did he seriously just tell me that?  He just used one of the most despised pick up lines ever on me....and clearly lied about it since you CANNOT SEE MY FUCKING EYES!  *sigh*  And there you have it, Kids.  Reason #A LOT why I am still single.  *facepalm*

Here, maybe this video will give you hope for the future.  I know it does for me.


As a single person in a society that does not look overly favourably on people of my status, I tend to be the third wheel in a many of my social interactions.  The vast majority of the people I know and associate with are in a relationship of some sort- either dating or married.  This gives me a unique opportunity to observe these various relationship interactions, both with each other and with me.  It allows me to see things that I agree with and/or appreciate and hope for in my future relationship(s).  It also gives me the ability to see things I do not necessarily like and/or agree with and hope to avoid in my future relationship(s).  I mentally compile a list of pros and cons in the hopes of trying to remember these things.  Since I can have pretty severe "blonde" moments, perhaps it would benefit myself to keep an ongoing list of my observations somewhere....like here. :-)  But since I am now tired and want to watch SVU, I'll rain check that shit and do it later...

No comments:

Post a Comment