Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I'm Published! (and some disappointment)

I attempted to post yesterday, but the internet was being a douche. So I gave up and watched SVU in bed.

 I wrote an article related to a project/course that a coworker and I developed and teach. I submitted the article to our national association that has a quarterly publication. They accepted and printed it! Woooo! My article is on 3 glossy pretty pages, yay!



 I also heard back from a former boss of mine who now teaches in a field that is the main overview of my job. He said that he is doing a new course and would like me to teach for a day (I asked him about it last year). WOOOOOOO!

 I ran out of razors last week and felt the desire to shave my legs. I splurged and got 4-bladed razors. Holy Fuck! I have seriously been missing out on a nice smooth and cut-free shave all these years in the interest of being a cheapskate! Never again. I am hooked on the 4-blade razor. Mmmmhmm. That shit made my legs sexy smooth. Granted, only I will know and feel that. But at least it makes me happy, right?



 Mr. Jack Skellington helped me review and brainstorm stuff to try to obtain a goal I have always wanted to achieve. Very useful stuff. Upon further contact clarifying things related to my goal, I found out I cannot yet achieve it. This makes me very sad and disappointed. As I know I can currently reach the goal and be awesome after achieving it. But people and stupid rules prevent it from coming to fruition. I have a list of things I need to do to reach the goal. I will be damned if I do not go above and beyond to get all of them and then kick some muthafuggin arse on my pursuit of my life's dream.

I am worried that I will not be able to afford the requirements to achieve my dream.  It will cost upwards of $1,500 for me to accomplish what I was told needs to be accomplished.  This makes me very sad.  I earn enough money now to just get by with some occasions to eat out.  All the rest goes to bills, gas/transport and food.  I will not lie.  I feel pretty cheated right about now by people who lack vision and the ability to think outside the box.  *sigh*/endrant

This article/photo collection made me happy. I think it is important for people to realise that we are all human. Thank you, theChive.


I have found in life that I do not attract the kind of man I am attracted to.  This is also disappointing to me.  Most recently, a self-proclaimed anarchist contacted me on the dating website.  He was very articulate and verbose in his writing.  He also exhibited drive for the things he found important in life.  Which I applaud.  But given me and given him.  Yeah.  That will NEVER work.

But his last message to me (after I responded in answering some questions he had), was very eloquent.  And I felt the need to share it here:

"Thank you for your thorough, and revealing response to my inquiries. I think that you are correct in your assessment of our affinity. I doubt we could be friends, just because I am sure we posses contrary radical belief systems. Radical, coming from the latin root radix, meaning root. I believe that sharing space would be rather enjoyable, maybe even exciting, but when it comes down to it I believe that the system you choose to support does not have my best interests in mind. 

I do not wish to suggest that you are a bad person, in fact I feel that within my investigation of your profile, and a very thorough on at that, I found much love, care, and support for the things you believe. I enjoy anybody that lives life with their convictions, just as long as those convictions are not forced upon others. This is where I feel we would disagree. I think that any system that needs to use overarching force upon its own citizens is inherently flawed. I recognize that some are doing the best with what they are offered, or provided, but I require a grander introspection. I wish to witness a day when people no longer begrudgingly accept what they are given, but fight vehemently for what they want. I do not believe I am anti american, but rather anti totalitarian. Thomas jefferson, also a self proclaimed anarchist is one of my favorite dead white dudes, and he would be rolling over in his grave if he saw this country in the state it is now. 

I also respect everyones right to have their opinions, as long as those opinions do not become oppressive actions. That is the distinction between an anarchist and everyone else. Anarchy is simply the mutual respect for voluntary associations. This is not an understood, nor respected belief within the structure you choose to defend. 

Again, thank you for your time, and showing you valuing me as a human being by respectfully responding in kind. I wish the best for you in life, and love.

Love and chaos,
xxxxxxx"

No comments:

Post a Comment