Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Strong Women (and other peeps)

I saw this article today on my Facebook feed.  I read it.  And loved it.  Everything about it described me.  And it made me feel wholesome.  No.  Not wholesome.  It made me realise there are others out there just like me.  My sisters in awesomehood.

The article: "15 Things All Badass, Fearless Alpha-Women Do Differently From Other Types of Women."

This one is for you Mom and Dad.  For raising such an awesome daughter into such a strong-willed self assured independent-minded woman. :-)

Speaking of inspirational.  Another badass mothafucker I recently discovered is Derek Weida.  Once again, I'd like to thank my Facebook feed for showing his page to me.  I do not know a whole lot about the guy.  His "personal info" section on his profile says: "I'm Derek Weida. Wounded Veteran, former Paratrooper from the 82nd Airborne Division. Three words guide my new life: Engage, Encourage, and Empower. I'm just here to bring a little fun and motivation to what can sometimes be a really shitty fucking world. Let's have fun, let's lift some weights, and then we can all eat ice cream."  Now he is a workout machine! (Photo c/o his FB page)


The quote on his page is priceless and my own personal mantra in life:

"A little motivation, a little inspiration, and a whole lot of not giving a fuck."

Granted, being the eternally positive minded-person I am...I'd probably want to junk punch him if I ever met him.  But that's OK.  That's what FB is for- bridging the gap and permitting people not to engage in human face-to-face interactions, one news feed at a time.  It makes the world a happier place.

Although, I do have to add this here, since I'm being all honest and shit...

The picture fails to list a whole plethora of other attributes.  But at least it's a start.

Here is my badass mantra.  Live your life.  Be the best you that you can be.  Stop worrying about what others care and/or think.  Be happy with who you are.  And, if nothing else fails, go 300/Spartan on their ass.
I found another race that I am interested in participating in.  The Bruneau Beast in June.  Looks fun.  I just may sign up for it, among many others with my kickass Rucking team. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment