Monday, March 9, 2015

peridontal rucking

Today has been a less than pleasant day.

But let's back up a bit before getting to today.



Yesterday I agreed to go on a rucking event with Team RWB. The event? A 25-mile ruck from Anne Morrison Park to Sandy PointPark/Lucky Peak and back. All on the Greenbelt. All paved. Talk about harsh on the lower extremities. I also had my ~30lb ruck. Weather was beautiful for March. I am very glad I brought sunscreen and extra socks.

There were five of us. One turned around early since she was battling allergies/sickness. This turned into a blessing in disguise. The rest of us powered to Sandy Point. Laying in the grass with my shoes off was glorious. Until we had to head back. It was like a giant cock tease. Rucking 13mi to rest and only be halfway done.
Surprisingly, I managed to be doing the best of everyone on the way back. My lower half went on autopilot. One foot in front of the other. Again and again and again. Misery. But a certain part of me wanted to make it. Did not want to quit. I could do it. The bottoms of my feet were sore and my big toe ached a lot. The sun was beating down on us and there was hardly any shade. Needless to say, all of us bonded greatly while suffering together.

Eventually, we called the one that turned around to come get us. In all, I think we rucked somewhere between 18.5-20mi. I'm going with 20 mi since it sounds more badass. Afterward I could hardly move.

Move forward to today: the wonders of peridontal surgery. FML. FML bigtime. I can now admit that if there was a hell for me it would involve me being in economy class in the middle seat of a transcontinental flight full of screaming children and sick people while peridontal surgery is being performed on me in full sunlight in high humidity and temps conditions while an astymatism test is being conducted and chihuahuas running amok at everyone's feet biting at them.

By the time my procedure was done, I was soaked with sweat. I was shaky and never want to endure that ever again. Ever. Ever. Ever.  Being numb yet feeling pressure and hearing everything is super freaky. Freeee-key.

And here I am. In bed. Panda has not left my side since I got home. I love that damn dog. Stinky farts and all. I also.love watching Det. Benson in action. Mm mm SVU.

My trailer was not ready for delivery. They found a leak in the roof and some other stuff I guess. Should be delivered on Weds while I'm at work. Woooo!

Sorry for no pics. I'm on my nook and am too IT-tarded to figure it all out. My mind is seared with the images and sensations of today's procedure. I shudder each time. Nightmares.

EDIT: pics are now added, woooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment