Saturday, March 21, 2015

Long Time no See!

Sorry it has been so long since my last entry.  Wifi at the RV Park is spotty and for whatever reason, really does not like my desktop.  Quite annoying.  But not the end of the world.  Just means I will not have as many entries as I previously did.

The trailer was delivered on Thursday last week.  I have been staying in it since then.  I am quite happy here.  Aside from the constant background noise of the interstate next to me, it is pretty nice here.  Quiet.  People keep to themselves, yet are friendly.  And best of all, clean.  No pack rats here.  Neat and tidy.  I am discovering that this amount of space for me works very well.  I do not know how much square footage there is, but for just me, it is perfect.  I am working on establishing a routine that works for me.  With time it will come naturally.  I have also saved money on gas!  Wooo!

I consider this a practice run to get ready to live life in a Tiny Home.  I think I can do it!  The Tiny Home I envision would actually have more square footage than this trailer.  I plan to have lofts at either end to make better use of the space available.  I also hope to be more energy efficient.  Luckily, I know some of the people at this RV Park who have been so wonderful and patient in teaching me the in’s and out’s of living in and caring for a trailer.  Yesterday, I learned how to drain my black water tank!  Now I just need to buy a gray water hose to flush the black tank and I’ll be set on that.  Right now, I need to work on elevating the sewer hose so that I let gravity help me flush it better.

When the trailer was delivered, I was working, but stopped by to be there for its arrival.  People came out of the woodwork at the Park and helped set it up for me while I was busy at work.  Apparently, it became the community project to help me out.  How nice!  That first night, I forgot to turn on the furnace AND close all the windows.  I slept miserably.  So freaking cold.  Lesson learned, haha!
I still have a lot of stuff left at the house.  It will take me some time to get it out.  I will most likely have to get a storage unit to store some of my stuff until I can either: sell, trade or give away.  We’ll see.

I know I promised not to talk about work.  I really, I am not.  But I do have to say that yesterday felt like an episode of “Law & Order.”  It was both exhilarating and exhausting.  It reaffirmed how much I love my job, as well as, forming efficient/functional working relationships with other “organisations” related to what I do. Yay! 

I had an amusing thought today while I was sitting at the club house working on a group effort puzzle while waiting for my laundry to finish.  Yes, this is what I am doing on a Saturday.  Living at a 55 and over RV park working on a puzzle.  It was awesome.  It made me happy.


I started watching “Orange is the New Black” Netflix TV series.  That shit is HILARIOUS!  I am loving it.  And am slacking on being a responsible adult going to bed on-time in order to watch it.  What a good find indeed!  I finally finished/got caught up on “Law & Order: SVU” and all 202 episodes of “The X Files”.  So now I am on the search to finish other TV series I have not finished.  These include “House of Cards”, “The United States of Tara”, etc.

And now, since it took me almost 4h to get this far.  Fingers crossed wifi does not quit on me.  I will end here.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment