Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Blargh: home not ready

My new home was supposed to be delivered on Monday.  They found some things they needed to repair on it before giving it to me.  I was totally fine with that arrangement, especially since I just had my peridontal procedure.  Fast forward to today.  Supposed to be delivered.  Time comes and goes with no word.  I call.  "Oh, we do not have a truck to drive it out there today.  We'll deliver tomorrow." Grrrr.  OH well.  Good thing I really do not care.  But still annoying.



One thing I am truly looking forward to?  NO MORE FUCKING CHILDREN!  WOO FUCKING HOOO!  Most people that know me are aware of my dislike for children.  And it really is a dislike.  Most of my friends with kids know I do not like their kids.  Yep.  It's true.  I'd rather their children simply not exist while I am around.  But, since that's not the way the world works, I endure and pretend to like them, or, at the very least, tolerate them.  But I am so looking forward to not living with them.  Ever.  I cannot stand living with them.  I cannot even describe why.  I just don't.  They're annoying.  Most of the time I want to slap them, tell them to shut up and go away.  I don't.  But it's fun to think about.



On a certain level, this brings up a point of something I sometimes feel/experience.  American society is built on the foundation that people will get married and have children.  I am outside the scope of this expectation.  I am single (awesome) and have no children (fuck yeah!).  But sometimes I almost feel like people, whether they know they are doing/saying this or not, treat me like a second-class citizen.  I am not a "whole" person because I have not fulfilled my civic duty to get hitched and pop out some crotch dumplings.  I have no desire to do either of those things.  Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to date someone.  And, I cannot.  I'm sure I'll find someone out there worthy of dating and boinking.  But I'm not in any rush for it.  I am no less a person for the life choices I have made than anyone else.  In fact, I should be the one getting tax breaks and incentives.  I have made the responsible choice not to breed and further add to the over population problem this world already has.

But why?  Why, since I no not have a SigOth or kids, do I get treated like the one that has to make the sacrifices?  The one to give way for those with families?  Frankly, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  I am a bit bitter on the topic of love.  Love at the sacrifice of the single gal.  Yeah.  No.  I call B.S.  I'm just as good, if not a better person for being me.  Poo on you family-makers out there!  Bah-humbug!



I really want to get a decal for the Jeep about roller derby.  I have narrowed down my choices to the following:



3 comments: