Saturday, March 7, 2015

Next step in my life

Today I accomplished a mild milestone in trying to accomplish part of my life's goal.  Today, Bonnie and Clyde purchased this for me:

2002 Skyline Layton 27' 5th Wheel trailer:
I already have the spot picked out where it will be parked.  It is a 55 and over retiree RV park in the city where I work.  Know what that means?  No freakin' kids!  FUCK YES!!!!  The park manager is also the owner.  I contacted her back in January about possibly living there.  She was ecstatic about it and more than willing to work with me.  I picked out my spot a few weeks back and this week we worked on re-landscaping it.


I brought a friend who also lives in the RV park with me while looking at trailers.  She was a great help in looking at things and asking questions I would not have thought to ask.  She will help me purchase the hoses and connections needed to hook up to the utilities.  The trailer will be delivered in a few days, wooo!

Shit.  Now I need to pack.  This process happened a bit faster than I thought it would.  I'm in a bit of shock that it is ACTUALLY happening.  I'm pretty excited and anxious all at once.  It will take me a while to sort through my stuff and decide what I should keep and get rid of.  This is downsizing on a massive scale.  Good thing I do not have a lot of stuff in the first place.  I'd really like to save up some money to purchase a small shed to store some stuff that is too big or I use too often to put in totes under the trailer.  I REALLY want to get a deck built for a place to hang out on.

Like this (drool):


List of shit I need to buy (sooner rather than later):
  • sewer hose
  • white hose
  • sewer connection
  • clear sewer connector
  • extra light bulbs
  • lawn/folding chairs
  • totes/weather proof storage containers
  • PVC piping
  • heat tape
  • insulation wrap
  • skirting around slide out/trailer --> save up for this since it is hella expensive

MOAR pics:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment