Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lesson of the day: Don't let your pain meds lapse

Oopsy.  Yeah.  I made that mistake.  Sadly, this is not the first time I have made that mistake.  It seems that I overestimate my pain level tolerance abilities at times.  Stupid pain.  I thought I was doing pretty well today.  Guess I was doing well while on painkillers, hahaha!  Dumbass.

Throbbing jaw/mouth pain is SOOOO much fun.  I got permission to go in to work late tomorrow.  Great.  You know, this is also not the first time a doctor has advised me I will recover in a day and be able to return to work quickly.  I think many doctors underestimate the importance of being fit and alert in my line of work.  For future reference: when I have a fairly significant medical procedure, I'm just taking the whole damn work week off to recover.

Today was filled with watching lots of episodes of Law and Order: SVU and The X Files.  I must say, I am pretty disappointed with the direction the writers took for Det. Benson.  An awesome single childless woman who then turns to a relationship (OK, I can forgive that).  But then ends relationship...sorta, but now wants a kid?  WTF.  What happened to independent childless woman empowerment?  Fuck you Hollywood for once again showing society how much women are unfulfilled in life unless they have a child (or few).  *Grrrrrr irritation grrrrrr*

There is a trail that I have always wanted to hike in Idaho.  The Seven Devils Loop.  Twenty-nine(ish) miles overlooking Hells Canyon.  Sounds fantastic.  I am hoping to be able to do it sometime in April before the weather becomes too hellish.  *fingers crossed*.


I read this article by a dude in Seattle who hiked the trail.  PRetty amusing and I believe him when he said he was expecting a difficulty level 5 (out of 10) and it was closer to 8-9 and that he felt the scoring level of the hike was a bit skewed.  All I have read about the hike is that it goes up and down a lot and is quite strenuous for that very reason.

Here are other useful links for planning purposes:


I friend posted this article about a Tiny Home on my FB to help cheer me up while my face is recovering.  PRetty awesome design.  I like a lot of the elements in it, especially the sliding door, wood stove and chicken wire cupboard covers.





No comments:

Post a Comment