Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year: 2016

I do not do New Year resolutions.  I think a person should strive to be better every day of their existence.  Not just making plans and goals that tend to whittle away to nothingness in a few months.  I plan to continue my level of badassery from 2015 into 2016.

I have found that there is some issue with my furnace.  I filled the LPG tanks hoping it was they that were empty.  Nope.  Something must be in the lines, moisture maybe.  I dunno.  I really should look into it.  I am very thankful to my friends for letting me stay at their homes when the temps took a nose dive to single digits and zero F.  Fuuuuugh.  That shit was effing cold.  My water line did briefly freeze one day.  It sucked.  But somehow it managed to fix itself a few days later.  And now I discovered a leak at the spigot.  Fuuuuugh part deux.  Better let the manager know.  I dunno how to fix that one without replacing the whole end of the hose...which is double and triple wrapped with insulation, heat strands and tape.  Poop.

I have a CCW course this weekend.  I am very excited for it.  I know it may come as a huge surprise to many of you, but I have very limited experience with firearms.  They still make me a wee bit uncomfortable when I am handling them.  I have shot a variety of guns (pistols, rifles, shot guns, etc.) and a variety of ammunition types.  But having been raised by a family that would not permit me to even pretend any of my toys were guns or me going around shooting people (akin to cops and robbers), as an adult, I still have hesitation with guns.  I am hoping getting my CCW and getting some more range time in, especially with pistols, will help with that.  *fingers crossed*

I had the most wonderful birthday party ever this past weekend.  I was speaking with Ms. Prince about what to do other than the drole sit around, play card games, eat and and drink.  She suggested paintball.  She is a genius!  Lo and behold, ten of my friends (plus to observers) decided they would like to partake in such a fantastically enjoyable pursuit...in the January cold.  We played indoors and outdoors.  We played for hours doing a variety of games/battles.  I am so happy that some of my closest friends managed to get together and work so well together as a team and joke around and get along.



Some other people joined our group to play along.  There were two teenage boys, I'd guess sophomore/junior ages.  Dear Lawd.  They were almost intolerable.  I will give them credit for being outgoing.  But they were rude.  They were selfish.  They were awkward, which is understandable...to a certain degree.  But their closed-minded comments were uncalled for at times.  Therefore, many of us ganged up on them to "kill" them.  It was great.  One even accepted a $2 offer to eat a paintball.  Ah, reckless youth.  It can certainly be entertaining.



One thing I have noticed about dating.  Instead of constantly feeling a sense of togetherness, I actually notice at times I feel even more lonely.  It is weird.  I thought that if you date, you are always happy.  Which I am.  I am very happy.  I cannot begin to describe my level of excitement and twitterpation over the whole thing.  But now that I know what it is like to be with someone I like and care about, when I go home, such as during family-oriented holidays, I feel even more alone.  I guess that makes sense.  And that is certainly part of the dating process.  I just have been out of the dating loop for so long, that I have to relearn everything.  I have noticed that my time being alone and single and working on me has done well with me.  I am more communicative.  I know what I want.  I am less indecisive.  I am less emotionally driven to act rashly.  Yay me, I guess. :-)  Had to go through a metric fuck ton of frogs to find a prince. *fingers crossed*  I now need to learn that always planning a back up plan for failure sometimes sets up myself up for that very failure.  So I am working very hard at living the moment.  Hoping for the best.  AND working for the best.  It takes two to tango.  Hannibal is happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment