Monday, January 11, 2016

RIP David Bowie

Apparently one of my all time favourite musicians died today.  Alas.  I do not get uber sad about death.  It happens.  For some, much sooner than thought.  But it is also a process in the life cycle.  One that, at times, is very painful to accept for the living.



I had a purpose in writing this entry.  But now I forgot what it is or was.  I got rather distracted while watching"House of Cards" and enjoying the fact that I have internet at home...albeit briefly I am sure.
Went to Bruneau Dunes State Park yesterday.  Hiked the dune ridgelines.  Hella hard to hike up that big beast of a dune.  But totally worth it.  I remember when I first moved to Idaho, I went to the dunes by myself and hiked around.  Since then, I have been there many times.  Usually on my own, occasionally with friends.  The last time, it was for the Bruneau Beast 5k.  I still consider that the hardest running race I have ever done.  Here are some pics I took while there:








I realised how good I have it with the job I have.  After perusing the open positions for both the state and federal governments, I have come to the conclusion that I am paid very well and I have pretty darn good benefits.  Add in the fact that I feel passionately about the job that I do and I feel that I do it very well and that I make a difference in the world (at least, I would like to think so), I am doing pretty darn good indeed.

Every job out there has its ups and downs.  I am hoping to improve my positive thinking and outlook.  I am going to be simply happy to have a job that helps me pay the bills and live fairly comfortably.  Getting upset about things I have no control over does not get me anywhere in the first place.  I am also hoping to just take it one day at a time.  Let the shit roll off my shoulders.  Get on with it.  Knowing that I am a badass great worker should be enough.  I should not expect recognition for the hard work I do.  Knowing I did it should be satisfaction enough.  That is what I need to work harder on.  Self satisfaction.

With that being said, it is hard to have a burgeoning relationship when you can only see or hang out with your partner one day a week.  This makes me very frustrated and sad.  It is difficult to plan things together when Sunday is it.  Only day for fun.  I had not anticipated my work schedule being so difficult in the dating thing.  Working 12h shifts is not easy either, thus limiting us to hang out or see one another even less.  *sigh*  I know, I know, if you truly like the person, you will figure it out.  Well, we are.  But I can still complain about how frustrating it is.  And lament that it will not change in the foreseeable future.  Blargh.

I took the Idaho Concealed Carry Enhanced class this past weekend, too.  It was very informative.  I learned a lot.  Having been raised thinking guns were near the epitome of evil, it has been hard for me, as an adult, to feel comfortable around firearms.  This class taught me how to hold, handle, load, shoot and understand pistols.  We shot 100 rounds doing a variety of exercises on ways to shoot: moving laterally, moving in a line from hip upward, aiming for different parts of the body, and practicing being comfortable with the muscle memory of where the gun is located on our body and how to property remove it from its holster.  I am very glad I took the class and feel much more knowledgeable as a result.  Alexander agreed to my idea of celebrating our anniversary with range time.  I'd like to get much better at my hand-eye coordination.  Next up, purchase a pistol for concealed carry.  Woot!

In the mean time, I now have another goal to go for in life.  To achieve this list of the 100 Ultimate PNW sights to see/do.  ZOMG, read the list.  It looks amazeballs!



No comments:

Post a Comment