Friday, May 1, 2015

Pushing the Limits and Making a Fucking Difference!

Today was one of those days that affirms why I love my job so much.  I will not go in to detail since this is the internet, and, well, the internet does not need to know everything about me.  But I will say, I felt an immense amount of satisfaction in the hard work I put in to my project and the ability to make a difference in other’s lives.  The chance to see someone stand corrected who had otherwise been adverse to you and apologise profusely afterward and stand with you and your actions.  That, my friend, is a wonderful accomplishment and feeling to have.  My job is a wonderful thing.  I work with wonderful and amazing people.  And I outsource with other amazing and open-minded people.  I am glad I have the ability to make a difference in the world.  Even if only on a small scale.  At least I made a difference to those few things.

I know I am not an easy person to work with, much less supervise.  I tend to push the limits and expand my horizons.  My outlook on life is that if no one ever pushes the limits or looks past their nose, then how would the world evolve and change?  The world would stagnate.  I look towards progress.  I want to make the world in which I live and work, a better one.  Not just for me, but for my friends and coworkers, and anyone who comes after me. 

Sometimes this mind set can get a person in trouble.  It happens.  Change can be a scary thing for some people.  The mission is to persevere.  Eventually, through hard work and education, by showing the fruits of one’s labor, change and progress can come about.  This is my primary mission at work, aside from the general job duty descriptions I have.  I want to make a difference.  Or, as Ms. Diana Prince and I call it: TEAM MAFD!  (i.e. Make A Fucking Difference).  I hope to never become one of those people that goes to their job, does their job and goes home at the end of the day and ceases to think about the job until the next work day.  How mindless.  How droll.  If that is a person’s life, that is no life at all.  Life is too short to be mindless.  I go to work and think of all the possibilities.  I set goals for myself.  And once they are accomplished, I set new goals.  I strive to achieve more and be better than the next day.  I learn on my own.  The majority of my job I have learned to do by watching how others do their job and applying it to my own.  I ask questions of those around me and above me in the ladder of “superiors.”

This is me.  This is who I am.  And I do not apologise for it.  I am proud of the person I am and evolving to be.  I have worked hard and continue to work hard to be me.  And this, ultimately, makes me very happy in life.


Today has been a grand day.  I am utterly exhausted, but it was definitely worth it.  My refrigerator may be devoid of food and I am too tired to go out and do anything about it, but at least there was one last summer shandy in there for me to enjoy.  I make a terrible live-by-yourself kind of person when it comes to food, hahaha~

No comments:

Post a Comment