Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hogwarts and Muggles: GoRuck and RIP blue

I need to learn that every time I watch a Harry Potter film, I get this sense of loss and despair that the world perceived in the world of HP does not actually exist.  This saddens me.  I wish it did.  I realize the world is already a magical place as it currently is. But can you imagine REAL magic?!

I had my first GoRuck event this past weekend.  It was AWESOME!  I did not really do much preparation for it other than my regular workout routine and doing ruck hikes with Team RWB.  Since I do not have the internet where I live (I am currently at Ms. Prince's house doing this), I did not go online to see what the Cadre requested.  Good thing my friend, Ma'at picked me and we bought 4 bricks and wrapped them in gorilla tape before the event.


The hardest part of the whole event for me was the PT in the beginning.  Trying to hold my ~25-30lb ruck over my head for a prolonged period of time was hella hard.  We marched around with spare weighted things.  Then, as a team built a contraption we called the "Pendulum of Pain".  Basically four 5-gallon buckets filled with gravel/sand that we had to rig up to suspend under a roller that we could not impede its movement.  All attached to 2x4s that we lashed to other 2x4s.  We carried the contraption across a shoulder with 4 people on each side.  Except, if it was unbalanced, the rollers would push the buckets to one side or another, thus weighing down that side a fuck ton.  We marched around like this for a while.  Those that were not carrying the contraption, were carrying tubes full of water, weighted vests, etc.  When someone got tired under the contraption, weights were swapped out and someone else helped carry.  We ended with more PT. 

 


It was great.  I loved every minute of it.  My team was so much fun.  We worked very well together.  Everyone was positive.  No one quit.  I was actually disappointed it was over.  I wanted to keep going.  Therefore, I signed up for a GoRuck Tough challenge in Seattle on July 4. :-)  Tehehehe!  Bring on the punishment!

 
 
One of the participants had a memorial page attached to her ruck dedicate to the late Sgt Greg Moore of the Coeur d'Alene Police Depart who had been gunned down last week.  RIP, Brother.  I will not go on a rant or political regarding such things.  But rather, I will celebrate his life and giving his life to "Protect and Serve."
 
 


All in all, I am very happy with life.  I have eliminated those that were poisonous to a happy life.  I surround myself with like-minded happy-striving people.  I live in a space that makes me happy.  Money will always be an issue in my life.  But if that's the worst there is, at this moment, then I think I have done some things right in life.  There are the occasional frustrations that pop up here in life.  May it be at work, in my club(s), my health or personal life, I know that I will get through them.  I will overcome them.  Karma will come back to those that deserve it.  Till then, I will have to be patient and wait for their comeuppance...and enjoy my life in the mean time.

  And now, more beer for my "mental health" day.

Namaste, Friends.

1 comment: