Thursday, September 3, 2015

Randomness

I really do not have much of anything to update on.  But since I have use of a laptop AND wifi, I am making great use of them. :-)

My happy part: Law & Order: SVU has season 16 on Netflix, wooo!  Finally new episodes!

My doctor gave me the go-ahead to go back to work, modified duty.  He was impressed I was up and moving around as well as I was.  Everything seems to be going well health-wise for healing.  He did warn that endometriosis may come back since I still have one ovary and I will have hormonal monthly cycles.  When asked why (out of curiosity), he advised that the medical field does not understand how endometriosis occurs.  He said that women who do not even have Fallopian tubes have reported endometriosis, which contradicts the theory that that is the mode of how the uterine lining spreads to other organs.  Interesting!  Sounds like something to do more research into to better understand it.  I love medical mysteries!

Did you know that during a hysterectomy, the cervix is also removed?  My doctor showed me photos he too with the laproscopic camera inside me.  They looked awesome!  I got to see my intestines, liver, bladder, uterus, etc.  Fascinating stuff.  The endometrial grows are cut out.  Stiches are used to sew up the openings from the removal of the uterus and cervix.  Then, get this, they use expanding foam that has a coagulant in it over the stitches.  This helps so that you do not bleed out of your vag excessively.  Cool!  It looked like shaving cream inside of me.  More research is needed for this as well.

Hemogrip Foam: company website here.  Information about new findings in the medical profession.
An excerpt:  "Hemogrip’s™ life-saving technology is based on chitosan—a natural biopolymer which is found in the exoskeleton of shrimp, crabs, and other crustaceans. Chitosan is unique as a natural material because it is biocompatible, anti-microbial, and highly durable under a wide range of environmental conditions."

Since I am not able to be as active as I would like, I have been perusing websites about some of my more preferred and enjoyable activities.

10 Breathtaking Kayaking Destinations.

Thin Blue Line website: currently there is a movement for people to show their support for LE by posting a blue line on their vehicles.  (Blue line via painter's tape.)

Bob Ross.  Where do I start?  I loved watching his art painting show growing up.  His speaking mannerisms were so amusing to me.  And now as an adult, I find listening to him to be so relaxing.  I miss nice wholesome easy shows on tv like that.  Now in a world that is so fast-paced and stun-oriented, I miss simplicity of it all.  Here is an article in which Mr. Ross did an episode painting all in gray scale because a fan of his mentioned being color blind and mentioned not knowing how to paint as a result.

And I just have to share this article from the New England Journal of Medicine: "Planned Parenthood at Risk."  I like to share it to help people understand whether their arguments are valid or not.  Because if you are going to argue and post things on the internet, it is better to make sure the things you are saying are fact-based and valid, than opinion-based and thus making you look the fool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment