Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A moment (eternity) of silence

This list is one of the most angering lists I have read to date.  The number of recent add-ons is appalling.  Another website details the same thing.  I find both utterly depressing and sobering to read through.  At this point, I almost do not want to look at my Facebook feed for any more new negative news.  *sigh*

Preliminary 2015 Law Enforcement Officer Fatalities

January 1 through September 1, 2015 vs. January 1 through September 1, 2014


20152014% Change
Total Fatalities8573+16%
Firearms-related2630-13%
Traffic-related3828+36%
Other Causes2115+40%

Disgusting.  These stats come from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.  For more information on statistic gathering, the Bureau of Justice Statistics has a website here.

Currently, there is a man hunt in the Chicago area for suspects in the murder of Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz.  On my West Coast Spartan page, someone posted the following photo with caption taken from the Fallen's FB page:

**Technical IT issues going on here.
Quote: "1st of hopefully 3 for 2015 !!! Wanted to get an ULTR BEAST in but no $$$ for it this year.."

Great video that sums up how many of us feel: https://youtu.be/eV9VGZXmS70

In other news, my recovery goes on.  Today I am much more sore than I have been.  I entered Stage 2 of recovery on Sunday.  Took Mom to airport to fly home and am now staying at Ms. Prince and her beau's residence.  Got my baby back (briefly) yesterday.  I got to drive it for a short time.  Boy, I miss it.  Had to give it to another friend since I'm not too ready to drive it yet.  Now I've got a Volvo station wagon.  RAWR!

I think I was too active yesterday and am suffering the consequences for it today.  Ouch.  Not even my ibuprofen is working on it.  Great.  Ah well.  That's life.

Good news!  There will be a GoRuck 9/11 Heavy Challenge in Seattle in 2016!  Wooo!  A friend and I have been talking about wanting to try one.  This is our chance!





















No comments:

Post a Comment