Thursday, December 22, 2016

'Tis the Season!

As you all may know, I am a curmudgeon.  I do not look forward to holidays, nor do I celebrate them much.  I prefer to work on holidays, especially those centered around family.  That way I have something to do and not sit at home alone and hungry.  I do not pity myself to spend holidays alone.  The vast majority of my adult life has been spent doing holidays alone and I am not bothered by it.  I enjoy my own company.  And if it is Christmas time, I thoroughly enjoy a good Die Hard movie marathon.  Nothing says Merry Christmas quite like a "Yippee kai yea, motherfucker!" a la Bruce Willis style.

This year I will be working on Christmas.  My sixth Christmas in a row that I will be working.  I have quite a few amusing memories of Christmas at work.  I have noticed a trend in the past few years which honestly annoys the fuck out of me.  Clearly, very few places are open on Christmas, especially eateries.  Shari's and IHOP are the chosen two sit down restaurants that are open.  And since I do not cook AND I am working, I would usually have Christmas dinner at one of these fine establishments.  Unfortunately, I cannot do that any more.  It appears more and more people are opting to eat out on Christmas rather than at home.  This means, I cannot eat because there is an excessively long wait time, which I cannot do on my job.  The past few years I have actually not eaten on Christmas because I had no food and could not get food anywhere else (grocery stores are also closed).  This only goes to increase my bah-humbuggery.  Yup.  BAH HUMBUG!!  I anticipate the same problem this year, too.  I already ate through almost all my food at home in anticipation of moving anyway, haha.

This year, I get to go to court on my birthday (a few days after Christmas).  Am I not the most lucky gal on earth?!  I told the judge and PA that I would go only if the PA brought me a cupcake.  We all had a chuckle on that one.

Last week, I was watching my roommate's dogs while she went home to visit family.  As usual, I try to exercise the piss out of the dog since they are such high energy dogs.  I managed to go to Celebration Park after work one day and hike by full moonlight.  Beautiful.  We also went to Wilson Creek where a fog was rolling out and everything had a surreal misty look.  So this time, I opted for Jubilee Park near the county dump.  It is convenient and we had had sleet/rain, so I did not want to drive too terribly far in crap roads AND the dogs can run around off leash AND it is the closest off leash area to me.

It started out with three heeler/border collies running out at my truck when I arrived at the parking lot.  I drove over to the sheep herder hut parked in the lot and the owner got his dogs.  One escaped and greeted the dogs and I.  Then we were on our way.  Merry happy frolicking dogs running amuck in pretty scenery.  Yep.  Until I call them back at one point and see blood in the prints of one of the dogs.  Alas, she severely cut the toe pad of one of her rear feet.  Clean straight cut.  And super deep and bleeding profusely.  And she does not seem bothered by it at all.  I had nothing to put on her foot other than a poop bag and that would not stay.  So we hiked back to the truck.  I called roommate and let her know status.  I did some emergency roadside first aid via TP, poop bag, hair ties, hard twist tie band and a sock.  Voila!  It worked.  We booked it to the vet where dog spent the night and had sutures put in.
 

Apparently the cut nearly severed her toe.  The main cut I saw was 1" deep and it made a "V" shape and the other half of the cut went inside her toe and was 1/4" deep.  Youch!  Cone of shame and tranquilizers it is!  I emailed the county parks and rec to let them know about the injury since it most likely was due to trash people dump out there rather than pay money to do it at the dump.  Unfortunately, this is a common thing for people to do, especially in desert type terrain.

I had my third session for my half sleeve tattoo last week.  I am so happy to see how my tattoo is progressing.  It incorporates things that are so important to me and a significant part of my life.  I look at it a feel a swell of pride and happiness because it is so beautiful and has a story/memories behind it.  I added a part I was not planning to add this last time around.  It helps that my tattoo artist is pretty badass and doesn't mind my whimsical potty mouth.




 

Now I get to deal with a lovely excema outbreak from the tattoo.  Sweet baby Jay-sus, it itches like a goddamned muthafugger.  I've been on allergy/anti-histamines for a few days and moisturise 2-3x a day.  I'm trying not to over moisturise since I know in the past, that has been an issue for the skin to breathe.  But fuck all, it wake me up at night it itches so badly.  For once, I wish the outdoor temps were decent enough for me to wear a tanktop outside, hahaha!

Stopped by the shop that has been fixing my Jeep.  I really miss it a lot.  Granted, I am enjoying the F-150 as my rental car simply for all the space inside of it.  I do regret having a 2-door Jeep.  It's a PITA most of the time for space allotment.  Sadly, I have to get all new tires.  One of them was destroyed in the crash and having only one new tire is not feasible since it would ruin my suspension components.  So I must buy 3 new tires with my own money.  Grrrrr...  At least Discount Tire does a price match.  The tires I wanted are $280/tire at their shop.  I found them online, with free shipping for $231.52/tire.  Wooooo!  I save $50/tire, YUSSSS!  The bill still amounts to over $1000 with everything mounted and disposed of.  Blargh.  Being an adult sucks sometimes.

I did find this cool table that does US and metric tire size comparisons/conversions: http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/pmetric-inches.htm

Lately I have been in a fitness slump.  First I severely strained my pec, then I get an ear infection and my time management while dog sitting prevents me from going to the gym.  And now I just feel blah.  I realise getting back into the swing of things is the hardest part and I do adore working out.  Somehow I just seem to feel tired so often.  I imagine there may be a bit of mopeyness from work-related things as it is a high stress job that continues to be made more and more difficult over time.  I figure I ride it out and make the best of it that I can.  I am thankful for having such a wonderful support network of friends.  I simply must watch my "What is your Why?" video, get out of my slump and get moving again.  Simple as that.  Let's do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment