Sunday, December 13, 2015

Humbuggery and Happiness

Tis the season for holiday cheer and delight. I honestly am not a fan of such things as they do not apply much to me. I prefer not to do gift exchanges in celebration of Christmas. Primarily since I would rather craft my gift for the recipient. I feel those are more meaningful.  My blood family members live thousands of miles away, so I have no cause to celebrate the holidays.  If I am honest with myself, spending time, including holidays would be more meaningful to me if spent with Friends at this point in my life.  I have worked the past four years of Christmases. This will be my fifth. And I am perfectly fine with that. I'd rather work and give the opportunity for my coworkers with families to spend that time with them.

I had a family member come visit me. It was a less than pleasant trip. I love my family greatly, but it honed in to me how very different I am from my family members. I guess you could call me the black sheep of the family. And I am totally fine with that. I am happy with my life. Where I have gone. What I have accomplished. Where I am going. How I am. There is always room for change and/or improvement. But overall, I am living the life I know and am happy with. Albeit, I wish there was more money for adventuring *cough Mongol Rally and Camel Trophying* and to help ease the stress of paying off debt. But that is life. And I must carry on.



I am both happy and disappointed at the lack of snow here. Just rain. And mild temps. Like 40s and 50s temps. Although I cannot complain too much. I spend less on propane and am less cold in my lovely trailer home...which now has skirting and has been Refletixed the shit out of. Wrapping my hoses with heat tape and doing winter prep when you are always gone was no easy task. I'd come home from work and do it in the cold dark. Crawling under the trailer and having no idea if I was doing it right. Apparently I did well so far.

 

So. I, Hannibal, have met Alexander. For those of you not familiar with those names, go research them. Granted, everyone mentioned on here has pseudonyms. With that being said, we know Hannibal and Alexander never met in real life. For the sake of being creative and attempting to maintain the same theme, Alexander (and his beloved Bucaphalus), exist alongside me, Hannibal...in modern times. :-)

 

Now, let's put things in perspective. Two people. Meet. Go on adventures. Happy. Let us hope the campaign of Happiness and Adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment